Sunday, October 11, 2009

Comfort

Wow, I haven't posted in forever! I'm so sorry.
I definitely owe you a post or more, so here is another 'picture of the week.'
This week, I was talking to my cousin on twitter and she posted this amazing verse.

"Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted."
Matthew 5:4


If you get a chance, the rest of this passage, Matthew 5 is also amazing. This verse really spoke to me this week. After going through the death of a loved one, and being away from my parents so long, I had a really hard time. So many things swarmed my mind that kept me upset and they kept me sad. I cry myself to sleep at night. I hate when I do this, because all I want to do is be strong. I want to be strong for my family and I want to be strong for myself. But I just can't
seem to do it. I just break down and then I get upset with myself for it. This verse just came at the perfect time because of the last word, comfort. When we go through hard times, we're going to mourn. We're going to cry. We're going to be upset. But the one thing that can always reassure us is comfort. God's big strong arms are holding us and comforting us as we go through those tough times. God is holding our hand as we walk through this long fire. I think that reading this verse and realizing this comfort is more important than anything. It really tells us that we CAN be sad, and we CAN cry, and we CAN mourn. Through all of that, God is holding us and comforting us.



The picture I have to go along with this is one that I have had on my computer for awhile. It shows a small hand, that of a baby, holding on to a larger, stronger hand. When a baby cries, usually its mom or dad picks it up and holds it in their arms. When a baby is safe in their mother or father's arms, they feel comfort. We're the same way with God. Even when we are upset, we feel comfort in our Father's arms and we can rest assured that He will always be there. Our little, weak hand is holding on to his for comfort and love. That little hand, that can't do much on its own is holding the strong powerful hand of the Father's. He will always give us comfort, especially in our hard times.

-Amy

1 comment:

  1. I like this. Just six months ago I went through the mourning stuff so I know how you feel. God Bless. Sal

    ReplyDelete