Monday, October 26, 2009

'Let's Dance'

Sorry, I haven't written in awhile. I will post a new picture soon. Maybe today. But I was just listening to this song like literally a minute ago and the lyrics are really great.  I looked this song up because I liked the tune. It's fun to listen to.  The band is Hawk Nelson. I've heard some of their other songs and I kind of liked them but I was never crazy about them. Anyways, when I read the lyrics to this song, I was surprised at how good they were. It's stuff I talk about all the time. So, I thought I'd post the lyrics and also a link for the song:

'Let's Dance' by Hawk Nelson. Click *HERE* for song.

And here are the lyrics:

They teach us how to talk, they'll teach us how to walk
They'll teach us how to dance just like this
They'll teach us how to dress in nothin' but the best
It's all about success

Why do we fill our heads
With these things that all make no sense
We're no different from the rest
We're all just tryin' to shake this mess

And I don't wanna look inside myself cause
Then I'll have to change somethin' else and
I don't want to live, like someone else I'm
Happy in my skin, bein' myself
Let's dance

They teach us how to roll, make em lots of dough
Money is the god we work for
Keep up with the style, this artificial smile
Will only last a while



I really love the line that says "I don't want to live like someone else. I'm happy in my skin, being myself."  I always talk about just being the person that God created you to be and not worrying about what anyone else thinks. This song really describes that perfectly. "This artificial smile will only last awhile." It's true.  We can't keep hiding behind our imperfections.  We can't keep living behind this fake smile and cover.  We are who we are. We don't have to change to gain approval from people.  We already have all the approval we need, from God. Nobody can change who we are. That's just the way we were made.  Why live our lives constantly changing for the people around us? Let's just be happy in our skin, being ourselves :)


New Picture coming soon, I promise :)


*Amy


1 comment:

  1. I love this song! My big bro plays it all the time in the car! I hadn't seen all the lyrics before. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete