Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Week #4- Who am I by Casting Crowns

Another song! Yay! It is called "Who am I" by Casting Crowns... (it is on my playlist. One of the last songs actually)
I just heard someone do a piano part for this song, and then I started singing along with it, and the words really hit me. I think almost all of my life, I've been asking God, Who am I? And I even wrote a poem about it, and I feel like I still honestly do not know who I am or why I'm here. (Good quote by the way, my dad always says, "Who am I and why am I here?)

Anyways, I feel like God has just always told me, "You are mine." But I never really took that into my heart, I just kept living life trying to find my purpose. I heard this song just a few minutes ago, and as I was singing along, I listened to the words and I figured out this. All this time I was trying to find out who i am and why I'm here, when God already told me the answer. I am His. I am God's child. This song made that so clear to me, I figured i would post it.
The Lord of all the Earth, the voice that calmed the sea, the bright and the morning star cares about me. That is something that I have always struggled with. I have always thought, "Why would God want me? I am so messed up and I make so many mistakes, how could he possibly love me?" I have thought these things my whole life and never really realized that all that doesn't matter to God. He made me in his image and to him I am absolutely perfect being me.
Not just me, but everyone! We are all God's children and he loves us. We don't have to do anything or be anything but ourselves.
The bible says: "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." (Psalm 139:14) God has made us all wonderful and we don't have to have a certain place on this earth. Our certain place is in His arms. A lot of times, we feel like we are made to do something extraordinary. I know I do, but when I spend my whole life trying to figure out that one thing, I miss what is right in front of me. That is, God's open arms.
So, Who am I? I am God's child. I am His. He sees my sins, he watched me rise again. He holds every tear that falls from my eyes and he hears me when I am calling. All this, not because of anything I have done, but because of who I am and who He is in me.
That is absolutely extraordinary!

Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the Bright and Morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
Vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love and watch me rise again
Who am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
Vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
Vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours
I am Yours
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
'Cause I am Yours
I am Yours

No comments:

Post a Comment