Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Paparazzi- Week #7

Ok, It's time for another song and I was actually planning on blogging my great opinions on a Sanctus Real song, but that can wait until next week. This week, I have something on my mind that I want to write about and i actually found a song that fits with it.
This song is called Paparazzi by Switchfoot.
Ok, so this song doesn't express my thoughts completely but this song is focused on what I wanted to talk about.

Last night, I watched the season premiere of Jon and Kate plus 8. Lately, they have been in the news and on the magazines too often. Things have been said, pictures have been taken, ect. You know the story.
I don't want to talk about them, but instead the paparazzi. One part in yesterday's episode involved Kate taking all 8 of her kids to the store to buy some items for the birthday party. While getting out of the car and walking to the store, the family immediately was swarmed by paparazzi. One of the 5 year old boys even said, "Mommy, look there's the paparazzi"."
That broke my heart, seriously. These poor kids are only 5 years old and they are already being followed around by men in cameras. That is not a way of life.
Sure, Jon and Kate chose to start the show. And of course, fame comes with a price, but this is just going too far. It's not just for Jon and Kate, but for all celebrities, why do paparazzi do what they do?
I don't think that any amount of money is worth the consequence of ruing someone's life. What is the point in following people around just to get a picture of them so you can sell it to someone who is going to write a lie on the cover of a magazine? There is no point, accept money.

We live in a world of selfishness. paparazzi take pictures to get money. We buy the magazine so we can judge the person on the cover. Just like I said when I talked about the song, 'Britney', they may make bad choices, but it's not our place to judge. Just like it's not the place for paparazzi to camp outside someone's home to get a picture of them. You can't get stupider!

Can't we just let people live their lives? We all make choices, good or bad. But do they have to be broadcasted and printed everywhere? We should not live life to make other's lives miserable. We should live day by day in our own lives, not in everyone else's.

I can promise you that these poor 5 year old kids' lives will never be the same. They will live their whole life in fear of paparazzi and it will not be a happy life. Nobody wants to live in fear.

My point: Just let people live their lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lyrics to the song:
Chorus:
tune
tune for the paparazzi
tune for the paparazzi

this is a tune the paparazzi
the who's who and the so and so's
this is a tune for the graven images of marilyn monroe
we saw your face on the magazine
we heard the song on the mp3

chorus
you're stuck in my head
stuck in my head
stuck in my head
you can close your ears and your eyes
but the pop will never leave you alone
tune for the paparazzi

leave me alone
with your social lingo
you try so hard to stay on top
leave me alone
with your little jingle
with your picture perfect pop
we read the article in seventeen
we saw the video on mtv

chorus

pop will never leave you alone
noooo
this is a tune for the late nirvana
the teen spirit rock and roll
this is a tune for the velvet elvis's
on the 90210
i thought my eyes were gonna get off clean
till i read your lips on the tv screen
you were busy saying what you didn't mean
now everyone is singing along with your ridiculous song
you got it stuck you
got it stuck in my head
stuck in my head
stuck in my head

you can close your ears and your eyes
you can close your ears and your eyes
but the pop will never leave you alone
tune for the paparazzi
tune for the paparazzi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2LgwYUeEuY&feature=channel_page Here is a video for the song. (It is not on my playlist)
**Video was made by my cousin, Rachel**

No comments:

Post a Comment