Thursday, June 18, 2009

Week #9-'Whatever You're Doing' by Sanctus Real

I'm back :)
I haven't written in awhile but I know it's time to talk about another song. I'm sitting here looking through all of my songs. There are so many that I want to do but I am trying to get a large variety of artists and all the songs i am looking at are by artists that I have already done, so I will try and pick a different one.
One of my favorite bands is definitely Sanctus Real and there are at least 3 songs by them that I want to do. One of them talks a lot about being 'real' which I know I have talked about before in my first song. It's called 'I'm Not Alright'. Click *HERE* to see the music video.
It's an amazing song, but I am actually going to do a different one today.
I am going to do 'Whatever You're Doing', click *HERE* to see this music video.

Click *HERE* for the lyrics.

So, I absolutely love this song. Mostly because when you're going through a hard time or basically trying to live life in general, sometimes you don't realize that God is working inside of you. You forget that He is working on you and changing you second by second, day by day.
I love the lines in this song that say, "Whatever you're doing inside of me, it feels like chaos but somehow there's peace."
I just LOVE that line. Just knowing that God is working inside of you and doing all these things, but you can still have peace. I am the kind of person that "freaks out" a lot. I get stressed easily and sometimes I don't take the time to relax and i never feel that sense of peace. When I listen to this song, I realize that God has given me that peace. Even though He is constantly working inside of me, He has still given me peace and I can rest in that.
We can all rest in the fact that God is working like crazy inside of us and though it may feel like chaos there is still peace.
Another good line that I love says, "It's hard to surrender to what I can't see, but I'm giving in to something heavenly."
That goes along well with the song 'Surrender' by BarlowGirl. I talked about how we hold on so tightly to our lives and never just let them go and surrender them to God. It's when we do that, when we surrender our lives completely to God, I think that we see Him working. It's at that point that we feel the peace come over us. When we just release everything we have to Him, we feel that sense of peace. Even with the chaos, there will be peace and it will feel heavenly.

:) Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment