Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Music Videos

So, I have two music video to share a little about.



BarlowGirl- Beautiful Ending (Click on name to see music video)

So, I’ve posted this music video before, but I watched it again today. BarlowGirl started a website called BeautifulEnding.me and it is for people to make videos and post their own thoughts about their beautiful ending. Nathan Lee, a friend of the Barlows, and also a fellow musician already has a video posted and it really inspired me.  BarlowGirl wrote this song according to the feelings that they have about this whole ministry that they are involved in. They mention when they talk about it that when they first stated the band, they were so scared because they were just worried to get sucked into the whole “job” part and the money and the numbers, instead of focusing on the one who called them to do this.  They talk a lot about how they have to get past the mind set where they just think about numbers and albums and fans and followers, but instead they keep their mind on their one true love, God, the one who they are doing this for. 
Nathan’s video was really inspiring because he talked a lot about loving people. And a lot of the things that all the videos mentioned was this idea that we don’t have to “do” anything. Not literally, but I think we always talk so much about “letting go” and letting God take control of our lives. But as much as we talk about it, I don’t think we always live that out.  We might try it… and say “Ok, Ill let God live my life and I’ll just sit back,” but then we have this feeling that we have to DO something. We have to change ourselves, we HAVE to control our own lives, we HAVE to plan our future, and all of these things that we feel like we have to DO. It’s just in our heads that we have to do something for God. But I think we can get to that place where we truly let God take control of our lives. It’s so hard, (especially for us control freaks) to just let go.  We want that feeling of control in our lives… and if we don’t feel it with our family or friends then we try to do it to ourselves, but honestly, we’re not completely in control of our own lives. Obviously, we are in control of our actions and words, but God is leading us.  He knows our future and he knows what our ending will be, and He will guide us and lead us, but we have to let go. We have to surrender all those things that keep us from letting God guide us through. 
This music video is so beautiful, because the little boy represents us.  And the fox he sees represents those distractions in life like money, numbers, or whatever else.  Once he saw that, he ran away from his parents to follow that temporary thing.  He ended up lost, but in the end God led him back to the whole reason he was alive, and his true love.  It’s like us. Sometimes life throws these distractions at us, and we get side track and follow them. We chase all of these worldly things and kind of push God to the side. We end up getting lost in our own lives, until we remember the reason we’re here. We live for God, and we live for the one who makes our heart beat and loves us unconditionally. He is our first one true love, and He will lead us along life.  Our beautiful ending doesn’t depend on the amount of success we have had on earth. The beauty of our ending us being with God and being able to say that we let Him walk us through our lives to get to the end. We live in this love, in this love of God. We don’t live for success… and it doesn’t need to be our main focus.  I think it’s such a sense of peace and rest to know that God has full control of where I go tomorrow and next year. I want him to lead me. Lead me to the end.

Nick Jonas- Who I Am (Click to watch video)
Nick Jonas, youngest of the band, Jonas Brothers, recently made a solo project, which I have written about before.  He came out with his first music video for his single, ‘Who I Am’ a week or so ago, and this is one of the first Disney music videos that really touched me. I have seen a lot and liked a lot, but this one was really inspiring for me and I actually wrote a lot of my English paper for school about this video. 
I love this song a lot, and I really love the concept of the video. I love how each of the people are so different. I love the “Gothic/emo” girl and her sign that says ‘Honor Student.’ I know from being in High School that most people would not expect a girl like this to be an honor student.  I love the athlete who has a prosthetic leg. I love the big sumo wrestler whose sign says “sensitive.” I love how most of our first impressions of all these people are so different than who they really are. I think this music video can open up our eyes a lot about how different people really are. This music video proves that there is no person that is exactly like another person.  It also shows that the way we think people are, may not be who they really are. I think this music video portrays such a sense of individuality and uniqueness that couldn’t come out in words.  My favorite, of course, is Nick holding up the last sign that says “just me.”  It’s so typical of me to be in love with this :) No matter what anyone else thinks, and no matter what anyone sees you as, there is always only one person that you are, and that is simply you.  And this is what makes us all so special. It’s the very fact that we are all different, but it’s not something to be ashamed of, but rather something to embrace. 
When Nick talks in interviews about this song, he always mentions that this song was really about learning to love yourself before you can really love anyone else.  And I really think that’s an important lesson.  We have to recognize that we are different, but we have to be proud of who we are and not push that away. We are never going to be like everyone else, no matter how hard we try. But, I’d rather be different and happy, then a plastic face in a crowd.  It’s hard to accept yourself the way you are, but I think we will all realize it one day, if we haven’t already.  We’re always going to dislike something about ourselves, but that just comes back to the fact that we can’t be perfect. Who I am is JUST ME.

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE both those music videos and bands/people haha.
    this is a great blog!

    ReplyDelete