Monday, January 25, 2010

His [Unfailing] Love Endures Forever...

This is sad. My poor blog is being neglected by me. I am so sorry. I didn't even planning on writing anything... but something just came to me... and well, I thought I would share. :)

I was just looking up some verses on the great Biblegateway.com and stumbled upon something pretty spectacular.  So, I like to look up the word love. I don't know why, it's just my favorite word and I wanted to find some verses. So, I just started scrolling through hundreds of verses in the bible with the word love and I found some really amazing ones, mostly in Psalms.

The LORD loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love. Psalm 33:5

How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings. Psalm 36:7

The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. Psalm 103:8

...may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.  Ephesians 3:18


And these are just a few. I talk about the love of God all the time, and I always know that He loves me, but just now, I think my eyes are opened to how much He truly loves us, each and every one of us. We have all messed up so many times. I know for myself that I feel like I've failed so many times in God's eyes, but yet His love is SO great that He still loves me after I feel like I have failed Him.  These verses just made me realize how incredible and wonderful this love is.  Unfailing, unconditional, compassionate, abounding... these are some words that describe this love that God has for us, His children. I just sit here and wonder how God could love someone like me this much.  


I think that we don't always take the time to actually think about this and notice this love, this great, incredible love that God has for us.  And, it's even more amazing to know that we can't do anything to lose that love. Unfailing, and unconditional.  His love will never fail... "His love endures forever..." 


No comments:

Post a Comment