Friday, April 17, 2009

Perfect People.. Week #1

Ok, so I was thinking last night of more things to blog about, and I came up with an idea to do a
'song of the week.' So, I will try every week to write about a song.
I think I'll start out with a song for today that I was listening to last night...

It's called "Perfect People" by Natalie Grant. (on my music playlist below.) Here are the lyrics:

Never let 'em see you when you're breaking
Never let 'em see you when you fall
That's how we live and that's how we try
Tell the world you've got it all together
Never let them see what's underneath
Cover it up with a crooked smile
But it only lasts for a little while

There's no such thing as perfect people
There's no such thing as a perfect life
So come as you are, broken and scared
Lift up your heart and be amazed
And be changed by a perfect God
Suddenly it's like a weight is lifted
When you hear the words that you are loved
He knows where you are and where you've been
And you never have to go there again

Who lived and died to give new life
To heal our imperfections
So look up and see out let grace be enough
By a perfect God
Be changed by a perfect God
Be changed

I really like this song because it's so real. Just in the first verse of the song, it really talks about what how we, as humans live our lives. We live while wearing a cover. We have a fake smile on the outside, and everything is great, but if you look underneath, we are breaking, and falling.

We all know that know one in this world is perfect, so why not just be broken, be imperfect, and (in the words of my dad) "own it!" Let's just let the world see our brokenness and our problems. We all know that only God can change us, so let's let Him do that.

We're not perfect, and we never will be, so why hide it! I think that this world should see our imperfections, and how God works through them in our everyday lives.

Our "covers" will not stay on forever, but the person under them will always be there, and they will always be loved by our amazing God! Let's just let Him work in us, and not be scared to screw up every once in awhile, after all we are just human!

There's no such thing as perfect people!!! :)


-Amy

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You've got an awesome blog and you've got a very strong love for the Lord it looks like to me! I really admire that and that's so cool! Also great photography!! I bet someday you'll be professional! Thanks again for all the encouragement! And yes, I agree... Barlowgirl rocks big time!

    ReplyDelete