Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Storms of Life

I hope you're enjoying my Christmas playlist :)

So, it's time to write about another picture, and I actually have had one planned this time.  I spend a lot of time on twitter if you couldn't tell.  Well, good thing is, I get a lot of inspirations from all the people I follow. So this week, Tiffany Thornton (Actress and singer) tweeted this:

"It is not when times are good that we understand what pure joy is, but in the midst of the storm... that is when we see God's true love for us."

I love that so much, and there are a lot of songs that go along with it real well.
Praise You In This Storm- Casting Crowns
Stay With Me- BarlowGirl
Stand In The Rain- Superchick

So, when I think of this, the thought that pops into my head is a rainbow.  Which is the picture I am using. 


What I think about with all this is that in order to get the beautiful rainbow, a storm has to occur.  I compare this to our life storms also.  In order to get the beautiful end result (rainbow) we have to go through the storm, just like Noah did in Genesis.   Our lives are hard and sometimes we don't know if the rain will ever stop pouring down on us.  But it's in those times, when we feel life is crashing down, that God is holding us.  Because God knows that there is beauty at the end, and to get there, we have to travel through the storm.  Life will not be easy. It's not meant to be, but if we hold our ground, stand in the rain, and walk through the fire then the ending will be like a rainbow, beautiful in every way.  Through those storms or tough times in our life, I think we learn that God is always with us and He won't let us go.

Another quote that Tiffany posted on her twitter soon after said this:


"It's not about telling God how big the storm is, but telling the storm how big our God is."

That rain, thunder, wind, and lightning will never compare to the power of our Perfect God.  God is stronger and bigger than all of those storms in our lives and when we go through them, we realize this.  The rain will continue to pour down, and the thunder will crash, but if we stand strong with the power of God, then the storm will pass, and the rainbow will come. 

I think that this is a really important message, because life really is a storm, a storm that we never think will end. But it's also so reassuring to know that with God, the storm will end, and the rain will stop because He is more powerful and stronger than all of it.  I love that Superchick song because of the lyrics in the chorus. 

"Stand in the rain, stand your ground, stand up when it's all crashing down."

With God, we can do this. We can stand up when the storms are crashing around us, because we have that power and that strength of God with us always.  The ending will come, and it, with all it's magnificent colors will be beautiful.  To get the rainbow, you have to go through the storm. 

*Amy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment