Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Just A Thought

 I just posted this quick little note on facebook and thought I might as well share it on my blog too.

I was just sitting here thinking about life... which I do quite often... and I had one of those "lightbulb" moments.

I spend so much of my life worrying about what other people think of me. Literally everything I do, I keep in mind what others will think or say. I'm terrified of opening my mouth in fear of saying the wrong thing. I get dressed and do my hair and makeup hoping to impress people. I try to be the best in everything I do to get approval from people. Even with my facebook statuses, I keep in mind what people might think or say about them.

But sitting here thinking, I realize that none of that is important. I could kill myself trying to impress the people around me. I could do everything in my power to gain approval from everyone I encounter... but in reality, that's not what defines my life.

Even if every single human being on this earth gives up on me or turns against me, I will still have the most powerful and amazing love in the world on my side. 

I mess up so many times. I say the wrong thing about 10000 times a day. I don't always look my best. I'm pretty far from perfect, but none of that matters. In my worst state, at my lowst point, when I've made every possible mistake in the book, God still loves me. That's the beauty of His love and grace! Even when I mess up so much to where I think my life is over, He's there with His magnificant love to lift me back up.

I can worry all day about impressing people or gaining approval, but no matter what anyone else thinks of me, God created me to be His beautiful and loved daughter. And that approval 
is all I really need to keep going.

<3 Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment