Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

First of all, if you have noticed my new Christmas banner, I'll explain:  Christmas is my absolute favorite time of the year. You will probably notice that as December comes. So, last year I started celebrating and preparing for Christmas in September, because BarlowGirl's Christmas CD came out. This year, I waited a little longer, and started getting excited at the beginning of November.  So yes, my blog is ready for Christmas! :)

But today is really Thanksgiving, so happy Thanksgiving to all of you who are celebrating today!  A few years ago, I told myself that I would always make a list on Thanksgiving of all the things I was thankful for. One thing I've come to notice last year and the year before is that, I will never have enough time, paper, or ink to complete that list.  Thanksgiving really makes me realize truthfully how many things I am thankful for. People say that all the time, but try it for yourself. Just in your head, try to make a list of every single thing you are thankful for. You'll never stop coming up with new things!  Not just the obvious things like family and food, but just every little thing.  Like all the material items I have.  Or, the fact that I have been to another country multiple times, a lot of people have never been out of their home state. Or the fact that I have a sibling. I know a lot of kids would love to have a brother or sister.  Or even that I have the motivation to teach myself to play guitar... all of these little things can turn into an endless list of things that I am thankful for. I think that we never realize how much we actually have until we sit down and try to name them all.  More and more things will come. Little things and big things.  Like my parents that have a love for me and put up with me, or my Grandparents that are proud of me. Or even the simple thought that my Grandpa lived to be 80 years old before he passed away. Yes, I do wish it would have been longer, I always do, but I am also thankful that He did live that long. I think that all of these things are just so important and we don't see it until we actually think about it.  Which is why I love Thanksgiving. It's a time to think about all the little things in life that are so great and that we are so thankful for, because they're truly are very, very many.


Christmas is coming... but Thanksgiving is still a good holiday that we need to remember. Tomorrow, we can pull out our Christmas cds and decorations :) But just because we have Thanksgiving once a year doesn't mean that we can't be thankful all year long.  Each day is a day to be thankful for what we have. Thanksgiving just opens our eyes to that.

*Amy :)

1 comment:

  1. Great post Amy about Thanksgiving. I'm glad that you can be thankful also with little things. You are a special girl/lady. You are so special because you are a person when you see things around you going not so well or sad things happen in your life you still can see also the good things that comes with that and that is so WONDERFUL! Thanks for all the posts on your blog you are a inspiring person! KEEP POSTING!!!!

    ReplyDelete