Thursday, November 17, 2011

Mercy Is Yours

Take 5 minutes out of your day to watch this, and I guarantee you that you won't regret it.

I would love to sit here and write the longest post about this and why I love it so much. But unfortunately, I'm short on time and will leave you to watch it yourself.
There is not one word this guy says that I do not agree with. I find it so hard sometimes to organize all my thoughts about something and then I see videos like this, and think "That's exactly what I didn't know how to say."

The passage in the bible that he mentions has been one of my favorite stories for as long as I can remember.

This woman committed a sin worthy of murder. She broke one of God's commandments. She was dirty. She was wrong. And all the people around her were ready to kill her. But Jesus, the one who wrote the commandment, the one with full authority to say "Stone her," bent down, picked her up and told her she was forgiven. He didn't condemn her. He didn't judge her. He didn't kill her. He saw her heart. He saw her through the eyes of love. He saw who she was, not what she did. He didn't see her sin. He saw HER.

Every single time I screw up, this is the passage I think about. It doesn't only apply to adultery. It applies to every aspect of our lives. When we think we've done something unworthy of love, we beat ourselves up. When we sin, we feel horrible. We find ways to try and "make it up to God."

But God doesn't see it that way. God isn't waiting to throw the stone when we mess up. He's waiting to lift us back up and let us know that we're still loved.

"I love you. I accept you. Mercy is yours."

More powerful words have never been said.

No comments:

Post a Comment