Saturday, September 24, 2011

Time To Let Go

Wrote a new poem. Thought I would share.

Time to Let Go

Haunting me with shame
Striking me with pain
Like a ghost luring deep in the shadows
of the night
The hurt battles me in a never-ending fight

I try so hard to forget
but I can’t let it go
Out of fear,
I continue to keep it close

I can’t escape
It’s everywhere I turn
It’s killing me
Won’t I ever learn?

I’m stuck in my past
I’m buried in regrets
Even though I try
I can’t ignore it

I need to get out
I’m sinking too deep
I have to escape
It’s time to break free

Out of the past
Away from my shame
Into the future
With a new name

I need to get out
I have to run away
My time has run out
I can no longer stay

It’s time to let go
I’m ready to fly
I’m ready to live
Before it’s my time to die

It’s time to see
that my life is more
It’s time to find out
what I was created for

Not my affliction,
my sorrow or pain
Not my heartache,
my burdens, my shame

I was made for more
More than this disease
So much more
So show me please

Your ways and Your truths
that You have set out for me
Your love and Your care
that you want me to feel

Wrapping me in
Your arms so tight
Showing me that darkness
is overcome by light

Open my eyes
Take all of my fear
Replenish my joy
and take all my tears

My past doesn’t make, break
or define me
It won’t stop me from being
who I want to be

That past is forever
over and done
But right now in this moment,
I am safe in Your arms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment